Monday, August 18, 2008

New Week - Fresh Start

I feel like I was a bit of a slacker last week. I completely skipped my Wednesday run, only made it through 2.6 miles of my 5 mile Thursday (suppose to be speedwork) run, and ended up with a 4.2 mile long run on Sunday. I don't know exactly what the problem was. I just couldn't manage to do the miles. I guess my body forced me into an unplanned pullback week.

It is hard because the prior couple weeks were so good. I guess maybe I was trying to push it a little too much. I did get some good crosstraining in though. I increased my swim from 8 lengths in the previous week to 12 lengths. I also did some extra miles on the bike when I bailed on the second half of my Thursday run.

I have a good feeling about this week though. I feel much more rested and ready to go. I didn't do a run this morning just to make sure I am as rested as possible (only had a 1.5 mile recovery planned anyway). I have what I think is a reasonable plan for the week that gets me back to the 20 mile week mark with a bike day and swim day still in there. And hopefully this weekend I can pull out a 9-10 mile long run. I am feeling confident...it is going to be a good week.

No comments: