Sunday, September 7, 2008

Triathlon Race Report

IT WAS AMAZING!! It was the toughest workout I have ever experienced. And I did way better than I expected. I didn't really know what to expect, but I had an idea of how far I thought I could go on each event.

Swim (10 min): I was hoping for at least 10-12 lengths in the pool and I made it 15! Most of them were backstroke, which for some reason is my best stroke.

Bike (30 min): I was hoping for 10 miles and I made 11.5! This was in the spinning studio and there was a guy that was trying to keep us all motivated. He was actually pretty good. He kinda pushed us in intervals. I don't think I could have gone as far without him.

Run (20 min): This was the hardest transition. After pushing it really hard on a bike for 30 minutes it is hard to just walk normally, let alone run. But...I was hoping for 2 miles and I made 2.16! That is 9:16 mpm!! I would have never thought I could do that after the hard workout I had already finished.

I spent everything I had. I was so beat by the last 2 minutes that I had to slow down a tad instead of pushing the extra sprint.

Oh, and don't worry - I got myself a bike helmet this weekend, so no more helmetless rides!

Stats
Race: Lifetime Fitness Indoor Triathlon (Eagan)
Date: September 7, 2008
Distance: Swim 15 lengths in 10 min, Bike 11.5 mi in 30 min, Run 2.16 mi in 20 min
Average Pace (run only): 9:16
Overall Place: 23/49
Place in Age Group (women's open): 12/25

No comments: