Monday, April 14, 2008

Mid-Morning Snack

I was at the office working this morning when I decided I wanted a snack. I went to the convenience store downstairs and picked up a banana and a bottle of water. On the way back up the elevator it hit me…it wasn’t too long ago that I would have automatically grabbed a candy bar and a coke. Now don’t get me wrong, I still love the chocolate and I have about 1-2 cokes daily, but the fact that I didn’t even walk down the candy aisle or have to convince myself that the water would be better than the coke...just surprised myself I guess!

I finally managed to get in some miles on Sunday. I actually had 2 runs of just over 3 miles each. I had to get some work done, and work about 3 miles from the office so…I figured why not get some running in on my way there? The weather was actually pretty nice – I overdressed a little. Although it varied quite a bit between hot in the sun and chilly in the shade/wind. The run to the office was uneventful. I made it in decent time, probably a little faster than I should. But shortly after I left the office my foot started hurting. I don’t know what is wrong with it, but it is the top of my foot. Anyway, I had to stop to rest/rub it a couple times on the way home. Hopefully it isn’t anything serious. No running today, hopefully it will feel up to a short run tomorrow…

No comments: