Friday, April 25, 2008

Spring Flurries?

I am sitting here working and watching it rain outside my window. I figured I would go to the gym tonight for a run, because I hadn’t done any strength training all week, so the rain wasn’t that big of a deal. But I was wondering if it was going to rain all weekend since I want to get a long run in – I was thinking of actually driving to one of the lakes and doing at least 5 miles. I have run the 10K distance a couple times, but it has been a while. I need to start building up for my future 8K, 10K, and 10mi races that I am hoping to do this year.

So anyway, I just checked the weather forecast for the weekend…we may have snow showers on Saturday!!! WTF?!?! In less than a week it will be May! NO MORE SNOW!! It looks like Sunday would be the better day for a run…high of 47 (what happened to the 60s?) and only 10% chance of precipitation.

Ok, maybe Lake Calhoun on Sunday? It is just over 3 miles around the lake, and I can add on one of the nearby lakes for just under 3 miles for a total a little shy of 6 miles.

Anyone know any good running spots in the Twin Cities, I am up for suggestions. I have never really ventured outside of my neighborhood before except for a race.

No comments: