Friday, April 4, 2008

First 5K of the Season...Tomorrow!

Well, I didn't get that second short run in this week...it has just been too busy. I could probably do it tonight, but I don't want to run that close to the race. Oh well, I am sure a couple extra miles wouldn't have made any difference anyway. I am as ready as I am going to be. And it is just a 'season-opener' after an entire year off of races - so it is not like I am expecting a great time or anything.

I am SOOOO excited though! I can't wait until morning. It has been so long since I have run with other people (well, besides the strange guy on the next treadmill). Also, I have good memories from this run, because it was my first ever 5K a few years ago. I remember being so surprised by the people that were cheering us (there aren't that many people, but I wasn't expecting any, except maybe at the end). The 5K runners started first, shortly followed by the 10K runners. As the 10Kers were passing us, a few of them said encouraging remarks. That really blew me away - I was totally not expecting that! And after crossing the finish line in something just under 40 minutes...I walked around a few minutes to catch my breath...and I was hooked!

No comments: