Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I declare it "Cross-Training Week"

I have decided to take a running break this week leading up until the 5K on Saturday.

I attempted a 12-13 mile long run this weekend which was over before I even hit 5 miles. My knee has been consistently bothering me for a little over a week now. It even hurt during my little 1.5 mile run on Monday. It has bothered me in different shoes, on the road, on the treadmill. Adding more stretching helps, but not enough. So, I have decided to try resting it for 4 days (it has been a while since I took 4 consecutive days off running)! I did some spinning at the gym this morning and plan on doing some light weights & swimming tomorrow followed by 2 days of complete rest. It better feel good during my 5K or I don’t know what I will do about the half marathon…it is less than a month away!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I hope your knee feels better! Yikes! That's no fun! If it gets really bad, you should go see the grand folks over at Fairview Sports and Orthopaedic. They fixed me :-) (Or any sports med doc will do too)