Friday, September 12, 2008

Excited about the Long Run

I didn't make it to the gym yesterday as planned - I woke up with a pretty bad stomach ache. So I took a rest day instead. I have still managed to get a decent number of miles in though, so I am not worried about it.

This morning I made it to the gym - ran an easy 2.7 miles then hopped in the pool. I finally felt like the swimming was getting easier. I felt like I didn't have to work quite as hard, but was actually moving a little faster! I think maybe it was from watching the other swimmers in the start groups ahead of me at the triathlon. I tried to figure out what the good swimmers were doing differently than the rest of us. I even managed more freestyle this morning. I did a couple lengths of easy side stroke to warm up then did all freestyle & backstroke afterward...I made it 18 lengths.

Tomorrow is long run day...and I am looking forward to it. I have enjoyed my last couple long runs (well, most of the run anyway) and I haven't had one in 2 weeks. Plus, it is pretty much the only time I make it outside for my run anymore...I hate these dark mornings!! There is a SuperTarget not too far from my house that we usually take the highway to get to. My planned route is a loop that comes about a block from that SuperTarget! It seems so strange that I am able to run all the way to the SuperTarget and back!!

No comments: