Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ok, so I am getting back to working up that mileage again…I am surprised how hard it is to get back into the swing after a long vacation. Well, the 2-day work week followed by a 3-day weekend didn’t help. But now I am truly back into the swing at work, so hopefully everything else will follow. I have my first 8K this weekend, and I have been slacking…not a good combination. But, I did get in a 3.5 mile treadmill run on Sunday and am going to try REALLY hard to do some morning runs this week. I started with a 1.5 miler this morning in a chilly 40 degrees. I figured, the thing that takes me the longest in the morning is figuring out what to wear – so if I can pull that together beforehand, I can spend that extra time running! Well, I am going for 3 out of 4 mornings this week…we will see. Then I can take Saturday off and the 8K is Sunday.

Bad news on the possible Halloween HM – I checked some of last year’s RRs on RWOL and it sounds like it is a pretty disorganized race. I guess the chip timing is only at the finish…there is no mat at the start. Considering how many people would be running on basically a sidewalk, that sounds like a complete mess! So, I guess I am back to looking for a fall HM and hoping to get into the TCM 10 miler. If anyone knows any good fall HMs within a few hours drive of the twin cities…let me know!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey! Great to find another MN blogger. You have the same shoes as me as well! How do you like them? Mine are excellent but I'm kind of worried about how they will be after they got waterlogged this weekend...

Also hoping to get into the TC 10 miler...I'll look out for half marathons in the fall. The one I'm running is in August...so not quite fall.

SueBob said...

I LOVE the Pegasus...and I am addicted to Nike+! I have actually had 3 pairs of Pegasus (1 retired and 2 currently in use). I seem to get shin splints pretty bad with other shoes I have tried. I am somewhat new to the outdoor running scene, and am still a wimp in bad weather – so I don’t know about the rain-soaked shoes. I would think they should dry out fine though.