Friday, August 14, 2009

Week 11 - Still In Progress

Recap of the week's training (so far):

Monday - Scheduled rest day - rode the bike at the gym for 5 easy miles.
Tuesday - 5.7 mi easy - I had a little trouble keeping it slow at the beginning, maybe it was all that fast running last week? The first 2 mi were about 10:00 pace and by the end I was struggling to keep the pace under 11:00.
Wednesday - Floater rest day - I was just too tired to get out of bed in the morning. I was exhausted all day long.
Thursday - 8 mi easy - I was still pretty exhausted, though not as bad as yesterday. I felt ok until about 6 miles into the run when my stomach cramped up on me. I had to walk much of the last 2 miles back to the gym. I tried out my new hydration belt today - much better than the previous one, but still something to get used to. I only had 2 bottles on it and it felt kinda heavy. I am thinking for the marathon I will just carry one bottle and the pouch and rely on the water stops for most of my hydration.
Friday - 4 mi easy - I finally felt a little less tired this morning. I ran the 4 miles on the treadmill (cuz I had an early meeting that didn't want to be late for). My legs felt a little tight, but overall pretty uneventful run.

This Sunday I will be attempting to run my first 18 miler! I am a little nervous about it. I am not sure where I will be running...I want to try something different than the Lakes, maybe I will do Summit to prep for the marathon? But then I will have to deal with the Summit hill on my first 18 miler... I think maybe just moving from 15.6 miles to 18 miles will be enough challenge. Also, somewhere with some water would be nice, so that I can only carry one bottle since I am not quite use to the weight of the belt.

No comments: