Monday, August 3, 2009

Half Done...and Half Done!!

Wow, it has been awhile since I have updated this, huh? I guess I have been spending all my time running and haven't had any time left to blog about it! (or something like that...)

Anyway - this past week I hit 2 big milestones in my 2009 goals...well, halfway that is. I wrapped up week 9 of 18 of my marathon training plan, and I hit 500 miles for the year - halfway to my 1000 mile goal! Yay!!

My long run this weekend was 15.6 miles...my longest yet. I ended up doing 5+ laps around Lake Harriet because I didn't want to have to carry my stuff with me. I briefly stopped at the car each lap to take a drink/gel/whatever. It was nice to not have the belt strapped on me. I have been having issues with my knee still and I was wondering if the belt was throwing off my stride...nope that wasn't it, the knee still bothered me. Also, I have a belt that holds one big bottle (instead of those little fuel belt bottles) and all of my bottles leak - leaving me with a wet bottom! Does anyone have any advice on fuel belts? Do you have one that works well for you? Does it leak? I am thinking of trying out one with the little bottles next time I am at the running store to see how it feels. I really want to have my stuff with me during the marathon and not have to rely on the water stops.

From here on out on the plan I get a pull-back week every other week. Depending on how it goes, I think I may try to do the long run during those shorter weeks at a faster pace (since I am running so many new distances PRs now, I barely even look at the pace...just aim to finish the mileage.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I have a Nathan fuel belt. It doesn't leak and has a nice compartment to put stuff in. :-) And awesome job on completing that 15.6 miler.