Friday, March 20, 2009

3 miles, 3 miles, 3 miles

It has been a rather slow training week for me. I did 3 slow miles Monday as recovery after my 8 mile long run on Sunday. Then, my calves were hurting Tuesday morning (weird, since they didn't hurt Sunday/Monday) so I took the day off. Wednesday I did some slow speed intervals, but once again only made it 3 miles. Thursday I attempted hills...made it 2 miles before I decided to get off and do some weights instead. I did run a fast mile afterward though, bring the daily total to 3 miles. This morning I was just too tired to make it to the gym. Tomorrow is scheduled rest day so that I am fresh for my race on Sunday. So, overall a pretty low mileage week for me.

Now about that 8K this weekend...

They said on the news the other day that it was suppose to rain in the afternoon! (my race is at 1:20) I still plan to go if it is raining, assuming it isn't too crazy/cold that is. BUT the family was actually thinking of coming, and they won't be there in the rain. I guess I will keep my fingers crossed until the race.

Looking at the map, it is an out & back up Summit Ave (the same road the Twin Cities Marathon goes up to finish). I am not sure exactly where the "Summit Ave Hill" is that the marathoners talk about, but I am assuming it will be uphill for the "out" and downhill for the "back".

Being the first race of the season, I really don't know what to expect time-wise. My main goal is to finish in under 50 minutes, which would be a 10:04 pace, but of course I am hoping for better. My plan is to start out keeping the pace just under 10 minutes and see how it goes. Hopefully after the first couple miles I will be comfortable enough to kick up the speed a little more.

No comments: