Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Evening 5K

So, I have my first evening 5K tonight. I was originally hoping to PR on this one, but have decided to chill out a little bit and run it with the kids instead. I haven't been running with the stroller much at all lately (since I usually run before they wake up), so hopefully I can make it through the heat pushing the stroller without TOO much trouble. Since it doesn't look like I will be running any "big" races this fall, I have plenty of time to try and beat that old 5K PR. I just hope they are good, since the race doesn't start until 7:30 - so by the time I make it to the end of the race and back to the car (it is a point-to-point route) it will be somewhat close to their bedtime.

2 comments:

jodes said...

Ohh!!! Good Luck tonight!! Even if you don't PR it'll be awesome running with the kids. Maybe as they get older they'll start running with you! Never too early to start. Let us know how it goes.

Karen said...

Have fun! I'm sure you'll have no trouble. The kids get to have a fun ride while you're doing all the work. They'll love it!